Wolf & Company understands that it is crucial for your institution to work with a firm that has a thorough knowledge of the unique aspects of your accounting and reporting issues. The current economic climate and new regulatory issues have presented educational institutions with complex operating issues and numerous challenges including decreased endowment income, reduced public and private funding, and liquidity concerns.
Our professionals have extensive experience in the issues that are important to public and private colleges and universities, as well as independent schools. We understand your challenges and provide thoughtful and timely guidance through a range of proactive and responsive audit, tax and advisory services. For Institutions with international campus locations, our affiliation with PKF International gives us access to a network of 245 legally independent firms in 125 countries.
Further demonstrating our commitment to educational institutions, Wolf is a member of the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), a voluntary membership center which promotes the value of quality government audits, including financial statement audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, A-133 audits, and state compliance audits and attestation engagements.
- Financial statement audits and reviews
- OMB Circular A-133 audits
- Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book) audits
- Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance attestation engagements
- NCAA agreed-upon procedures engagements
- Due diligence procedures for taxable and tax-exempt debt offerings
- 403(b) employee benefit plan audits
- Accounting assistance in complex and emerging areas
- Federal tax Forms 990 and 990-T and state tax return preparation and review
- Tax and governance regulations research for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entities
- IT Assurance & Security services
- Internal Audit outsourcing and co-sourcing services
Clients benefit from Wolf’s deep technical expertise, responsive service and communication throughout the year. Easy access to and direct involvement of Wolf’s owners and senior management are foundational to our acclaimed client service strategy. Our expertise provides the resources necessary to tackle the complexities of any business situation—the Wolf team is ready to help you achieve your goals.