Wolf & Company’s technology professionals partner with you to address the accounting and tax issues you are facing. We serve technology clients across a variety of sectors including software, biotech, life sciences, medical devices, clean tech, and internet/gaming/Web 2.0.
At Wolf, we have significant Owner-level involvement and given our experience with a variety of issues, we quickly become a trusted advisor to you. Direct access to decision makers ensures that you get the answers you need, when you need them. Our deep industry expertise means we can recognize and anticipate your specific challenges including accessing capital, managing rapid growth, building management teams, acquiring customers, and complying with increasingly complex rules and regulations.
- Financial statement audits and reviews
- Accounting assistance in complex and emerging areas including software revenue recognition, share-based compensation, redeemable preferred stock, warrants and derivatives and other financial instruments
Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Preparation of corporate federal and state tax returns including C Corporation as well as flow-through entities including S Corporations, LLCs and partnerships
- Research and development tax credit maximization
- Net operating loss carry-forward utilization and management
- Multi-state tax issues including nexus studies, apportionment and tax minimization strategies
- Sales and use tax consulting
- Due diligence preparation services
- Transaction due diligence services
- Transaction closing and post-closing attestation services
- Strategic tax advice in structuring transactions
- Business process review, SOX 404 preparation and internal control best practices
Our technology clients are served by industry specialists that understand and have deep experience with challenges such as changing revenue recognition models, including software, SaaS and subscription models, complex capital structures, various share-based compensation arrangements, derivative instruments and intangible assets. We also have substantial SEC and IPO experience which gives you the comfort of knowing you are being served by a firm with the highest quality control standards with the skills and sophistication to assist you through any type of exit event.
Our professionals deliver practical financial reporting, internal controls, and corporate governance best practices advice drawn from years serving companies like yours. Whether you are a newly founded start-up, have recently closed your first round of outside financing, or are a more mature technology company, Wolf can help you solve your accounting, finance and tax issues so you can focus on building your business.