FMS Webinar: A Practical Approach to Enterprise Risk Management
April 15, 2010 2:00pm - 3:00pm
This webinar is being offered by the National Chapter of the Financial Managers Society (FMS) National Chapter. Download FMS brochure.
Presented by: Michael D. Cohn, CPA, CISA, CGEIT
Director - WolfPAC Solutions group
Attend this quick and convenient webinar for a solution to managing risk that encompass a broader range than the traditional silo approach.
Using a case study based on a real-world example, you'll examine how one community bank instituted an ERM program and discuss both the positive results they experienced and the pitfalls they should have avoided.
Register today and learn how to establish an effective ERM program that consolidates the day-to-day management and includes appropriate executive and board-level governance programs. You'll also learn how to conduct an enterprise risk assessment.
Successful financial institutions are beginning to restructure their approach to risk management on the enterprise level as a necessary part of their growing business. Properly assessing risks is the foundation for establishing effective controls in every organization. The good news is: Enterprise risk management can help you manage and the tools you need to get started will be outlined in this 60-minute program.
- Define enterprise risk management.
- Compare the traditional risk management approach to ERM.
- Gain strategies for adopting an ERM program at your institution.
- Discover the key components of an effective ERM program.
- Learn how to conduct an enterprise risk assessment.
- What is ERM?
- Establishing an enterprise risk management program at your institution
- Building processes and strategies to identify and manage risks
- Tying risk assessment into your institution's daily business decisions
- Components of an effective ERM program
- Risk assessment techniques that work
- Why communication is key
- Sharing risk assessments with upper management and the board of directors
ADDITIONAL CPE INFO:
Credit Hours: 1
Length: 60 minutes
Advance preparation: None
Field of Study: Auditing
Instructional Method: Live-Group
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This webinar is designed to benefit anyone responsible for risk management at a community financial institution, including:
- Risk Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Control Officers
- Technology Officers