March 17, 2021, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Principal & Chief Information Security Officer
CISA, CISSP, QSA, PCIP
Location: Virtual Meeting
William J. Nowik will be speaking on the topic of Best Practices to Mitigate and Respond to Ransomware at 4:00 pm EST.
Ransomware isn’t a new phenomenon. In fact, it’s been plaguing organizations for years, preying on weaknesses in security systems to steal data and compromise systems. This past April, VMware Carbon Black reported that businesses around the world had seen a 148% increase in ransomware attacks due to the widespread effects of COVID-19, leaving institutions either scrambling to remediate breaches or generate new procedures to prevent them. We’ll dive into recent trends in ransomware—looking at where it is now, where it’s going, and steps you can take to protect your organization. From detection and prevention strategies to effective response procedures, we’ll detail what you can do to secure your systems before attacks happen, and what you need to do during an attack to contain and mitigate damage.
• What happens to your data when you get attacked
• Where malicious actors sell your information
• Strategies to prevent a ransomware attack
• How to detect ransomware attacks before they happen
• How to contain and respond to an attack if malicious actors succeed in infiltrating your systems