September 21, 2021, 8:30 am
Sean D. Goodwin, CCSP, CISA, CISSP, GCCC, GCIA, GCIH, GCWN, GSEC, PCIP, QSA
Leonidas Moulis, JD
Senior Regulatory Compliance Consultant
Location: Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells
Sean Goodwin will be speaking on the topic Best Practices to Mitigate and Respond to Ransomware on Tuesday, September 21 at 1:30 PM.
Ransomware isn’t a new phenomenon. In fact, it’s been plaguing organizations for years, preying on weaknesses in security systems to steal data and compromise systems. This past April, VMware Carbon Black reported that businesses around the world had seen a 148% increase in ransomware attacks due to the widespread effects of COVID-19, leaving institutions either scrambling to remediate breaches or generate new procedures to prevent them. We’ll dive into recent trends in ransomware—looking at where it is now, where it’s going, and steps you can take to protect your organization. From detection and prevention strategies to effective response procedures, we’ll detail what you can do to secure your systems before attacks happen, and what you need to do during an attack to contain and mitigate damage.
In this session attendee will learn:
• What happens to your data when you get attacked
• Where malicious actors sell your information
• Strategies to prevent a ransomware attack
• How to detect ransomware attacks before they happen
• How to contain and respond to an attack if malicious actors succeed in infiltrating your systems
Leo Moulis will be speaking on the topic BSA/AML Officer of the Future on Tuesday, September 21 at 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM.
It’s 2021 and finally, the future we were promised is here. Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) are operational and making the fight against financial crime easier and more effective. That is, of course if you have the requisite skills to take advantage. Otherwise being a BSA Officer probably feels harder than ever to manage at its current pace of change. This session will help BSA Officers of all skill levels to benefit from what we do today and position themselves for tomorrow.
In the session attendees will learn:
• The differences between AI, ML, and RPA and how each can be leveraged in a BSA/AML Program
• The technical skills necessary to operate a BSA program in the future (eg, data analytics)
• Balancing technical skills with existing soft skills (eg. Communication)