May 19, 2022, 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
Location: Omni Hotel & Resort, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Randy will be speaking on the topic of Managing Climate Change Risk within the ERM Program.
Climate change is a global threat to every person and every organization. Organizations in every industry will develop different tactics for transitioning to lower carbon economies—and although these transitions may bring heightened risk, failing to adapt prompts even greater risk. Financial institutions occupy a pivotal place in our society as employers and providers of capital to all other industries. Climate change risk could come in the form of:
• Extreme natural disasters
• Agricultural shifts and disruptions
• Widespread disruption throughout the value-chain of carbon-based companies
• Volatility of investments in the new energy industry
To reduce the risk of the negative effects associated with these possibilities, banks and credit unions must evaluate an enterprise-wide risk assessment for present threats and vulnerabilities. During this session, we’ll detail how to identify these risks and locate opportunities for mitigation. From creation to adoption, we’ll discuss what you should do first to get these initiatives running and how to delegate responsibility to team members for proper organization. We’ll also show how you can present these findings to your board, leadership team, employees, and customers to ensure proper procedural implementation.
• How to identify operational, credit, and liquidity risks within the institution
• How to demonstrate and document the progress of risk mitigation strategies and approaches
• How to make your institution stand out as a reliable, ethical presence in the market